If you're an Owner or Admin and wish to change someone's role in your Workspace, go to Settings > Workspace Settings > User Directory and use the drop-down next to the person's name to change their role.
- To disable a user, click on the red "NO" symbol next to their name.
- To re-enable a user, go to the Disabled Users tab and click on the Recycle icon next to their role.
Things to Note:
- The User Directory is for managing users at the Workspace level; to manage users for the entire Organization, or to promote a user to an Owner, use the Manage Organization and Workspaces Dashboard.
- A disabled user will appear here even if they've been removed from the Organization by the Owner. If you try to re-enable a user who's been removed by an Owner, an Owner will need to re-enable the user in the Manage Organization and Workspaces Dashboard, and the user will need to be re-invited to the Workspace.
Transferring ownership of an Organization to another user
If the current Owner is available:
If you're the current Owner, you can transfer ownership of the Organization to another user.
- Go to the Manage Organization and Workspaces Dashboard (click on your company's logo in the upper left corner, then click on View All Workspaces).
- Once there, click on Manage Organization and Workspaces.
- Find the user’s row in the table and click the role drop-drown menu under the desired Workspace, then choose Owner.
- You'll be asked to confirm the action
- Click OK to confirm
If the current owner is no longer with your company or not available:
If the current owner is no longer with your company or not available, we can change ownership of the account for you following a quick security measure. You will need to submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org in the form of a PDF, including:
- The account URL
- The name and email address of the previous account owner
- The name and email address of the new account owner
- The last four digits of the credit card number on file
- The billing address of the credit card on file
The information should be in a letter on your company letterhead, signed by a manager at your organization. If your company doesn't have letterhead, please be sure to include your company's mailing address and phone number in the letter.
Note: The request needs to be in the form of a PDF and be sent from an email address in the company's domain to email@example.com.