Outgoing webhooks can be used to gather information from your Clubhouse workspace and integrate with external services. Once configured, events in Clubhouse will fire to the URL(s) of your choice and can be used to create applications for various purposes, such as notifications and reporting. This guide will cover how to use Clubhouse Webhooks to send events to a Zapier URL, which will allow you to use said events to connect to any of the 1,500+ Zapier apps.
How to enable Clubhouse Webhooks
Click the User Icon in the upper right-hand corner of any Clubhouse page. Navigate to "Integrations" and click on "Webhooks."
From the Webhook dialogue, click + Add New Webhook, you will then be asked to provide a Payload URL. (The secret is not needed for this integration.)
Getting the Payload URL from Zapier
The Payload URL is where Clubhouse will send event data to. This will allow Zapier to listen to said event and update your favorite app(s). To get this from Zapier:
- Login to your Zapier account.
- Click the on the top right.
- Search for the "Webhooks by Zapier" app. Please note: this is a premium app.
- Under Choose Trigger Event, select Catch Hook.
- Click Continue.
- Copy the Payload URL generated.
- Go back to the Webhooks integration in Clubhouse, paste the Payload URL then click Add New Webhook.
- Switch back to Zapier and click Continue.
Testing Clubhouse activity is being received by Zapier
To ensure that Zapier is detecting the events you want it to detect, these need to be triggered in Clubhouse. Examples of common events:
- If a Story is moved to "Ready for QA"
- If an Epic is moved to Started state
- If a Story had a label added/removed
- If a Story in a particular Project has a deadline is set
- Log whenever Stories are created, started, or completed
Click "Test & Review" as shown above. Zapier will now 'listen' for any of the aforementioned Clubhouse events. During this moment, go back to Clubhouse and manually trigger the event you wish for Zapier to capture. This will be picked up by Zapier once you see the Hook:
Connecting this trigger to your favorite app
After confirming Zapier caught the Clubhouse event, it is now time to choose what happens when said event occurs by selecting your favorite app from this list.
Follow that app's on-screen instruction as to what is supposed to happen in said app
Need ideas on getting started? Below are just a few webhook templates to get you started. Click on the image to take you to the Zap editor.